Date: 11 June 2014 (Wednesday)
Time: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Venue: Room CD308
Kelvin WK Yeung
Ph.D., M.Phil., B.Sc. (Hons), MHKIE
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine
The University of Hong Kong
• Scoliosis, surgical correction for spinal deformities,
• Dense and porous shape memory alloys for biomedical use,
• Orthopaedic implant design and development for minimal invasive surgery
• Musculoskeletal tissue engineering,
• Tissue microenvironment
• Biomaterials surface treatments,
• In-vitro and in-vivo response to biomaterials,
• Implant-related osteomyelitis
Selected 10 publications: (From total of 101 publications, 4 book chapters, 130 international and local conference abstracts, 15 patents related to surface treatments and clinical orthopaedics)
•Hoi Man Wong, Shuilin Wu, Paul K. Chu, Shuk Han Cheng, Keith D.K. Luk, Kenneth M. C. Cheung, Kelvin W. K. Yeung*. Low-modulus Mg/PCL bone substitute for osteoporotic fracture fixation. Biomaterials, Vol. 34(29), pp. 7016–32, 2013.
•Zhao, Ying; Wong, Sze Man; Wong, Hoi Man; Wu, Shuilin; Hu, Tao; Yeung, Kelvin W.K.*; Chu, Paul*. Effects of Carbon and Nitrogen Plasma Immersion Ion Implantation on In Vitro and In Vivo Biocompatibility of Titanium Alloy. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 1510 – 1516, 2013.
• Kelvin W. K. Yeung*,#, S. L. Wu#, Y. Zhao, X. M. Liu, R. Y. T. Kao, K. D. K. Luk, K. M. C. Cheung, Paul K. Chu. Antimicrobial Effects of Oxygen Plasma Modified Medical Grade Ti-6Al-4V Alloy. Vacuum vol. 89, pp. 271 – 279, 2013.
• W.Y. Tong, Wei Shen, W.F. Yeung, Ying Zhao, Shuk Han Cheng, Paul K. Chu, Danny Chan, Godfrey C.F. Chan, Kenneth M.C. Cheung, Kelvin W.K. Yeung*, Yun Wah Lam*. Functional replication of the tendon tissue microenvironment by a bioimprinted substrate and the support of tenocytic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. Biomaterials Vol. 33(1), pp. 7686–98, Nov 2012. (Highlighted in Mesenchymal Cell News http://connexoncreative.com/publications/archives/MSC429.aspx)
• Ying Zhao, Guosong Wu, Qiuyuan Lu, Jun Wu, Ruizhen Xu, Kelvin WK Yeung* and Paul K Chu*. Improved Surface Corrosion Resistance of WE43 Magnesium Alloy by Dual Titanium and Oxygen Ion Implantation. Thin Solid Films, vol.529, pp.407-11, 1 Feb 2013.
• Ying Zhao, Guosong Wu, Jiang Jiang, Hoi Man Wong, Kelvin WK Yeung* and Paul K Chu. Improved Corrosion Resistance and Cytocompatibility of Magnesium Alloy by Two-Stage Cooling in Thermal Treatment. Corrosion Science, vol.59, pp. 360-5, Jun 2012.
• Ying Zhao, Guosong Wu, Haobo Pan, Kelvin WK Yeung* and Paul K Chu. Formation and Electrochemical Behavior of Al and O Plasma-Implanted Biodegradable Mg-Y-RE Alloy. Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol.132(1), pp.187-91, Jan 2012.
• Shuiling Wu, Xiangmei Liu, Amy Yeung, Kelvin WK Yeung*, Richard Y. T. Kao, Guosong Wu, Tao Hu, Zushun Xu, Paul K. Chu*. Plasma-Modified Biomaterials for Self-Antimicrobial Applications. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, vol. 3 (8), pp.2851–2860, 2011.
• WY Tong#, YM Liang#, V Tam, HK Yip, YT Kao, KMC Cheung, KWK Yeung*, YW Lam*. Biochemical characterization of the cell-biomaterial interface by quantitative proteomics. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics, vol. 9, pp. 2089-98, 2010.
• HM Wong#, KWK Yeung#, KO Lam, V Tam, PK Chu, KDK Luk, KMC Cheung. A Biodegradable Polymer-Based Coating To Control The Performance Of Magnesium Alloy Orthopaedic Implants. Biomaterials, Vol.31(8):2084-209, March 2010.