My first 10 years in industry involved the design, development, deployment, support & governance of an extension to the world renowned COLOSSUS Expert System for handling bodily injury & workers compensation claims. Between 2000 & 2005, I assumed the roles of Chief Research Officer, Asia Pacific for CSC, Innovation Manager at Australian Mutual Provident & Maybank. I have published in, among others, Expert Systems With Applications, Knowledge-based Systems, and Information Processing and Management journals. My papers have twice won the Highly Commended category of the Emerald Literati Network Award for Excellence between 2008 & 2011.
In my academic capacities, I have designed and delivered Knowledge Management, Artificial Intelligence, Business Process Management, Portal, and MIS courses at the University of Sydney, University of Technology, Sydney, University of New South Wales, RMIT University, University of Kentucky, Stellenbosch University, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, and City University of Hong Kong. I lead Asia’s only master degree in Knowledge Management which is delivered via blended learning. I received the High Impact Award 2008, finalist and winner of the Teaching and Learning Innovation Awards in 2009 and 2010 respectively at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
I have also consulted extensively for government departments and private organizations in Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, and Brunei.
Teaching and Research Specialties
Research areas: Cloud intelligence, Cloud logic, Knowledge quality analysis, Semantic technologies, Blended Learning, Knowledge-enabled Business Processes, Personal Knowledge Management, Web 2.0, Enterprise 2.0 tools
Teaching: Knowledge Management, Taxonomy Creation & Maintenance, Content and Document Management Technologies, Business Process Management, Enterprise Knowledge Portals, Knowledge Communities
Honours and Awards
2011 Highly Commended Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence for paper in VINE journal 2010 Winner, Teaching & Learning Innovation Award 2009 Winner, Inaugural Teaching & Learning Showcase People’s Choice Award 2009 Finalist, Inaugural Teaching & Learning Innovation Award 2008-present, Vice President, Hong Kong Knowledge Management Society 2008 Winner, Community Achievement category, High Impact Achievement Award 2008 Highly Commended category in Emerald Literati Award for joint paper with Peter Dalmaris in the Business Process Management Journal 2005-present – Member, Hong Kong Computer Society 2002-present Member, Australian Computer Society
- CHEONG, R.K.F. and TSUI, E. (2011); Exploring linkages between Personal Knowledge Management and organizational learning, in Pauleen, D. and G. Gorman (eds), Personal Knowledge Management: Individual, Organisaational and Social Perspectives, Gower, 2011.
- CHEONG, R.K.F. and TSUI, E. (2011); The roles and values of Personal Knowledge Management, in Miller, P. and R. Cheng (eds), Doctoral Research in Management and Business in Hong Kong, HKIT, 2011.
- YEUNG, C.L., CHEUNG, C.F., WANG, W.M. and TSUI, E. (2011); A Study of Organisational Narrative Simulation for Decision Support, International Journal of Knowledge and Systems Science, 2011, accepted for publication.
- TSUI, E., CHEONG, R.K.F. and SABETZADEH, F. (2011); Cloud-based Personal Knowledge Management as a Service. Knowledge-as-a-Service (KaaS) Workshop in IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Service System (ICSSS), 27-29th June 2011, Nanjing, China.
- LEE, H., CHAN, K.C.C. and TSUI, E. (2011); Knowledge Mining Wikipedia: An Ontological Approach, accepted for publication in International Journal of Knowledge and Systems Sciences, Vol. 2, No. 1, January-March 2011, p50-60.
- SABETZADEH. S. and TSUI, E. (2011); Social motives polarity and its impact on knowledge sharing, VINE Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems, Vol. 41, No. 1, 2011, p76-88.
- KIU, C.C. and TSUI, E. (2011); TaxoFolk: A hybrid taxonomy-folksonomy structure for knowledge classification and navigation, Expert Systems With Applications, accepted for publication.
- NG, D. and TSUI, E. (2010); Knowledge-intensive Collaborations to combat Cyber Crime in the Asia Pacific, Proceedings of the International Conference on Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Management and Organisational Learning (ICICKM), 11-12th November, 2010, Hong Kong, p323-330.
- LEE, H., LAM, W., CHAN, K.C.C. and TSUI, E. (2010); A semantic tool to enhance digital libraries, Proceedings of the 2nd Semantic Technology and Knowledge Engineering Conference (STAKE), 28-30th Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia, p51-63.
- CHEONG. R.K.F. and TSUI The roles and values of Personal Knowledge Managemnt, in P, Mlller and R. Cheng (eds), Doctoral research in management and business in Hong Kong, Hong Kong Institute of Technology, Hong Kong.
- YIP, J. and TSUI, E. (2010); The interaction of PKM with communities and enterprises, PKM Workshop, 12th September, 2010, Duisburg, Germany.
- YEUNG, C.L., CHEUNG, C.F., WANG, W.M. and TSUI, E. (2010); Computational Organizational Narrative Simulation: A Case Study of construction industry, Proceedings of the KSS Conference, 16-17th September, 2010, Xian, China.
- TSUI, E., WANG, W.M., CHEUNG, C.F. and LAU, A.S.M. (2010); A Concept-Relationship Acquisition and Inference Approach for Hierarchical Taxonomy Construction from Tags, Information Processing and Management, 46(1), January, 2010, p44-57.
- CHEONG, R.K.F. and TSUI, E. (2010); Exploring the synergy between Business Process Management and Personal Knowledge Management, Cutter IT Journal, Vol. 23, No. 5, 2010, p28-33.
- CHEONG, R.K.F. and TSUI, E. (2010); The roles and values of PKM: An exploratory study, VINE Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems, Vol. 40, No. 2, 2010, p204-227.
- CHUN, D. and TSUI, E. (2010); A reflection of the state of mobile learning in Asia and a conceptual framework, Proceedings of the IADIS Mobile Learning Conference, 19-21st March, 2010, Portugal, p369-372, IADIS Press.
- KIU, C.C., TSE, D. and TSUI, E. (2009); Semantic Interoperability for Enhancing Sharing and Learning through E-Government Knowledge-intensive Portal Services, International Journal of Knowledge and Systems Sciences, Vol. 1, No. 2, Apr-Jun 2010, p39-48. (Also appear in Journal of E-Governance, Vol. 33, No. 2, 2010, p108-116.)
- KIU, C.C. and TSUI, E. (2010); LAW, S.M., LI, Z., CASIMIR, G. and TSUI, E. (2009); An investigation of the relationships among leadership styles, organizational support for knowledge sharing, and trust in the Hong Kong aviation industry, Knowledge Cities Summit, 4-5th November 2009, Shenzhen.
- SABETZADEH, F. and TSUI, E. (2009); Motives for social collaboration in knowledge sharing portals, International Conference on Knowledge Management (ICKM), 2-4th December, 2009, Hong Kong.
- LIEW, T.B.Y., TSUI, E., FONG, P.S.W. and LAU, A. (2009); Learning Knowledge Management concepts via the use of a Scenario Building Tool on an E-Learning platform, in Hybrid Learning and Education (Lecture Notes in Computer Science LNCS5685), edited by F. Lee Wang, J. Fong, L. Zhang and V.S.K. Lee, Springer-Verlag, 2009, p240-248.
- YUEN, L.Y. and TSUI, E. (2009); Performance and agility in orchestrating learning online,, in Handbook of Research in Hybrid Learning Model: Advanced Tools, Technologies, and Application, edited by F.L. Wang, J. Fong and R.C. Kwan, IGI Global Press, 2009, accepted for publication.
- LAU, A. and TSUI, E. (2009); Applications of Web 2.0 for Clinical Training, in Social Web Evolution: Integrating Semantic Applications and Web 2.0 Technologies, edited by M.D. Lytras and P. Ordones de Pablos, IGI Global Press, 2009.
- LAU, A.,TSUI, E. and LEE, W.B. (2009); An Ontology-based Similarity Measurement for Problem-based Case Reasoning, Expert Systems with Applications 36(3), p6574-6579, 2009.