Roy W.C. Law
Dr Wing-Cheung, Roy, Law obtained his BEng and MPhil degrees in Electronic Engineering from The Chinese University of Hong Kong in 2003 and 2005 respectively. He received PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from State University of New York at Buffalo, USA in 2011.
Prior to join The Hong Kong Polytechnic University as an Assistant Professor in the Industrial and Systems Engineering, Dr Law has been serving as Postdoctoral Fellow in the Institute for Lasers, Photonics and Biophotonics of State University of New York at Buffalo, USA, conducting researches in the field of biophotonics and nanomedicine. His research focuses on building nanoparticle-based healthcare systems. He has published more than 100 peer reviewed journals.
Teaching and Research Specialties
ISE 2001 Introduction to Enterprise Computing
ISE 3004 Systems Modeling and Simulation
ISE 4005 Eco-design and Manufacture
Nano-biosensing and -bioimaging
- C.H. Ng, N. Rao, W.C. Law, G. Xu, T.L. Cheung, F.T. Cheng, X. Wang, H.C. Man, Enhancing the cell proliferation performance of NiTi substrate by laser diffusion nitriding, Surface and Coatings Technology, 309 (2017) 59-66.
- C. Yang, N. Panwar, Y. Wang, B. Zhang, M. Liu, H. Toh, H.S. Yoon, S.C. Tjin, P.H.J. Chong, W.C. Law, C.K. Chen, K.T. Yong, Biodegradable charged polyester-based vectors (BCPVs) as an efficient non-viral transfection nanoagent for gene knockdown of the BCR-ABL hybrid oncogene in a human chronic myeloid leukemia cell line, Nanoscale, 8 (2016) 9405-9416.
- L. Liu, G. Lin, F. Yin, W.C. Law, K.T. Yong, Near-infrared fluorescent peptide probes for imaging of tumor in vivo and their biotoxicity evaluation, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research - Part A, 104 (2016) 910-916.
- W.C. Law, Z. Xu, K.T. Yong, X. Liu, M.T. Swihart, M. Seshadri, P.N. Prasad, Manganese-doped near-infrared emitting nanocrystals for in vivo biomedical imaging, Optics Express, 24 (2016) 17553-17561.
- X. Gong, L. Pan, C.Y. Tang, L. Chen, C. Li, C. Wu, W.C. Law, X. Wang, C.P. Tsui, X. Xie, Investigating the crystallization behavior of poly(lactic acid) using CdSe/ZnS quantum dots as heterogeneous nucleating agents, Composites Part B: Engineering, 91 (2016) 103-110.
- C. Gong, X. Zheng, H. Liu, G. Wang, F. Cheng, G. Zheng, S. Wen, W.C. Law, C.P. Tsui, C.Y. Tang, A new strategy for designing high-performance sulfonated poly(ether ether ketone) polymer electrolyte membranes using inorganic proton conductor-functionalized carbon nanotubes, Journal of Power Sources, 325 (2016) 453-464.
- F.P. Du, S.S. Xie, F. Zhang, C.Y. Tang, L. Chen, W.C. Law, C.P. Tsui, Microstructure and compressive properties of silicon carbide reinforced geopolymer, Composites Part B: Engineering, 105 (2016) 93-100.
- T.L. Cheung, L. Hong, N. Rao, C. Yang, L. Wang, W.J. Lai, P.H.J. Chong, W.C. Law, K.T. Yong, The non-aqueous synthesis of shape controllable Cu2-xS plasmonic nanostructures in a continuous-flow millifluidic chip for the generation of photo-induced heating, Nanoscale, 8 (2016) 6609-6622.
- L. Chen, J.X. Wang, C.Y. Tang, D.Z. Chen, W.C. Law, Shape memory effect of thermal-responsive nano-hydroxyapatite reinforced poly-D-L-lactide composites with porous structure, Composites Part B: Engineering, 107 (2016) 67-74.
- A.D. Akinwekomi, W.C. Law, C.Y. Tang, L. Chen, C.P. Tsui, Rapid microwave sintering of carbon nanotube-filled AZ61 magnesium alloy composites, Composites Part B: Engineering, 93 (2016) 302-309.
- C. Yang, R. Hu, T. Anderson, Y. Wang, G. Lin, W.C. Law, W.J. Lin, Q.T. Nguyen, H.T. Toh, H.S. Yoon, C.K. Chen, K.T. Yong, Biodegradable nanoparticle-mediated K-ras down regulation for pancreatic cancer gene therapy, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 3 (2015) 2163-2172.
- F.P. Du, W. Yang, F. Zhang, C.Y. Tang, S.P. Liu, L. Yin, W.C. Law, Enhancing the Heat Transfer Efficiency in Graphene-Epoxy Nanocomposites Using a Magnesium Oxide-Graphene Hybrid Structure, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 7 (2015) 14397-14403.
- H.S. Oh, G.S. He, W.C. Law, A. Baev, H. Jee, X. Liu, A. Urbas, C.W. Lee, B.L. Choi, M.T. Swihart, P.N. Prasad, Manipulating nanoscale interactions in a polymer nanocomposite for chiral control of linear and nonlinear optical functions, Advanced Materials, 26 (2014) 1607-1611.
- M. Guo, W.C. Law, X. Liu, H. Cai, L. Liu, M.T. Swihart, X. Zhang, P.N. Prasad, Plasmonic Semiconductor Nanocrystals as Chemical Sensors: Pb2+ Quantitation via Aggregation-Induced Plasmon Resonance Shift, Plasmonics, (2014).
- K.T. Yong, W.C. Law, R. Hu, L. Ye, L. Liu, M.T. Swihart, P.N. Prasad, Nanotoxicity assessment of quantum dots: From cellular to primate studies, Chemical Society Reviews, 42 (2013) 1236-1250.
- X. Liu, C. Lee, W.C. Law, D. Zhu, M. Liu, M. Jeon, J. Kim, P.N. Prasad, C. Kim, M.T. Swihart, Au-Cu2- xSe heterodimer nanoparticles with broad localized surface plasmon resonance as contrast agents for deep tissue imaging, Nano Letters, 13 (2013) 4333-4339.
- L. Ye, K.T. Yong, L. Liu, I. Roy, R. Hu, J. Zhu, H. Cai, W.C. Law, J. Liu, K. Wang, J. Liu, Y. Liu, Y. Hu, X. Zhang, M.T. Swihart, P.N. Prasad, A pilot study in non-human primates shows no adverse response to intravenous injection of quantum dots, Nature Nanotechnology, 7 (2012) 453-458.